Environmental governance in Europe and Asia : a comparative study of institutional and legislative frameworks
- Jona Razzaque.
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- ix, 142 p. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge research in environmental law.
Law Library (Crown)
|K3585 .R39 2013||Unknown|
- Razzaque, Jona.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Understanding environmental governance : the international and national dynamics
- Environmental governance in Europe and Asia : models and approaches
- Participatory environmental governance : assessing the role of communities in Europe and Asia
- Bioenergy : is it business as usual?
- Managing groundwater in Europe and Asia.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book looks at environmental governance in both Asia and Europe and offers a comparative analysis of the two regions in order to provide a better understanding of the concept of 'environmental governance' and its status in Europe and Asia. The book assesses the legislative, institutional and participatory mechanisms which affect the overall development of environmental governance, and analyses current issues, concerns and strategies in respect of environmental governance at the local, national, and international levels. The rapid changes in economic, social and political life have had an enormous impact on Asia's ecosystems and resources. Asian countries, in the name of economic development, are following the same environmentally destructive path their European counterparts followed in the past. The key to the environmental future of these two regions lies in the evolution of the character of governance - the ensemble of social ethics, public policies and institutions which structure how state actors and the civil society interact with the environment. This book will be valuable to scholars and students of environmental politics, EU and Asian studies, public policy, environmental law, and to decision makers and policy analysts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Routledge research in environmental law
- 9780415496544 (hardback)
- 0415496543 (hardback)
- 9780203078600 (pbk.)
- 0203078608 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: