The Oxford handbook of lifelong learning
- edited by Manuel London.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xix, 509 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Oxford library of psychology.
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC5215 .O94 2011||Unknown|
- London, Manuel.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Amid fluctuations in today's job markets and economies, the importance of learning across the lifespan has become a point of emphasis for governments and employers throughout the world. The Oxford Handbook of Lifelong Learning is a comprehensive and interdisciplinary examination of the theory and practice of lifelong learning, encompassing perspectives from human resources development, adult learning, psychology, career and vocational learning, management and executive development, cultural anthropology, the humanities, and gerontology. Individual chapters address the most relevant topics on the subject, including: - continuous learning as it relates to technological, economic, and organizational changes - developmental theories and research, models of lifelong learning, and the neurological bases for learning across the lifespan - examples of learning programs, tools, and technologies, with a focus on corporate programs and business education - international perspectives on lifelong learning and learning across cultures - assessment of learning needs and outcomes This comprehensive and forward-thinking handbook is an important resource - both personal and professional - for students, scholars, and for practitioners in the fields of training and development, human resource management, continuing education, instructional technology, professional development, and organizational psychology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780195390483 20160603
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Handbook of lifelong learning
- Oxford library of psychology
- 9780195390483 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 0195390482 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: