A practical guide to software licensing for licensees and licensors
- by H. Ward Classen.
- 4th ed.
- Chicago : American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, c2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 985 p. : forms ; 26 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Classen, H. Ward.
- American Bar Association. Section of Business Law.
- The negotiation process
- Licensing software
- Grant of license
- Other important issues
- Licensing issues arising from alternative delivery models
- Open source software
- Shrink-wrap, click-wrap and browse-wrap licenses
- Privacy and security issues
- Applicability of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and the principles of law and software contracting
- Representing the global entity
- Escrow agreements
- Confidentiality provisions and trade secret protection
- When problems arise
- Alternative dispute resolution (sec. 29, 30)
- Bankruptcy issues
- Employee issues
- Best practices for contract drafting and successful implementation
- Recommended resource materials
- Technology acronyms
- Selected model forms.
- Publication date
- Rev. ed of: A practical guide to software licensing for licensees and licensors / H. Ward Classen. 3rd ed. c2008.
- Includes index.
- System requirements for accompanying CD-ROM: installed software capable of reading MS Word files; CD-ROM drive.
Browse related items
Start at call number: