Kinesiology : scientific basis of human motion
- 12th ed. / Nancy Hamilton, Wendi Weimar, Kathryn Luttgens.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2012.
- Physical description
- xv, 622 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QP303 .L87 2012||Checked out - Overdue|
|QP303 .L87 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface 1 Introduction to the Study of Kinesiology Part I Anatomical and Physiological Fundamentals of Human Motion 2 The Musculoskeletal System: The Skeletal Framework and Its Movements 3 The Musculoskeletal System: The Musculature 4 The Neuromuscular Basis of Human Motion 5 The Upper Extremity: The Shoulder Region 6 The Upper Extremity: The Elbow, Forearm, Wrist, and Hand 7 The Lower Extremity: The Hip Region 8 The Lower Extremity: The Knee, Ankle, and Foot 9 The Spinal Column and Thorax Part II Fundamentals of Biomechanics 10 Terminology and Measurement in Biomechanics 11 The Description of Human Motion 12 The Conditions of Linear Motion 13 The Conditions of Rotary Motion 14 The Center of Gravity and Stability Part III Motor Skills: Principles and Applications 15 Kinesiology of Fitness and Exercise 16 Moving Objects: Pushing and Pulling 17 Moving Objects: Throwing, Striking, and Kicking 18 Locomotion: Solid Surface 19 Locomotion: The Aquatic Environment 20 Locomotion: When Suspended and Free of Support 21 Impact 22 Instrumentation for Motion Analysis Appendices Glossary Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780078022548 20160603
- Publisher's Summary
- Since the 1950s, "Kinesiology: Scientific Basis of Human Motion" has remained the definitive kinesiology text for college students. The twelfth edition continues the text's tradition of examining human motion through the integrated presentation of anatomy and biomechanics and applying that knowledge to a wide variety of motor skills. This edition retains the text's strong coverage of physiology combined with current scholarship in biomechanics as applied to motor skills.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780078022548 20160603
- Publication date
- Luttgens' name appears first on the earlier editions.
- Previous ed.: 2008.
- 9780078022548 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0078022541 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780071086431 (pbk.)
- 0071086439 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: