Kinesiology : scientific basis of human motion
- 12th ed. / Nancy Hamilton, Wendi Weimar, Kathryn Luttgens.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2012.
- Physical description
- xv, 622 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QP303 .L87 2012||Checked out - Overdue|
|QP303 .L87 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1 Introduction to the Study of Kinesiology Part I Anatomical and Physiological Fundamentals of Human Motion
- 2 The Musculoskeletal System: The Skeletal Framework and Its Movements
- 3 The Musculoskeletal System: The Musculature
- 4 The Neuromuscular Basis of Human Motion
- 5 The Upper Extremity: The Shoulder Region
- 6 The Upper Extremity: The Elbow, Forearm, Wrist, and Hand
- 7 The Lower Extremity: The Hip Region
- 8 The Lower Extremity: The Knee, Ankle, and Foot
- 9 The Spinal Column and Thorax Part II Fundamentals of Biomechanics
- 10 Terminology and Measurement in Biomechanics
- 11 The Description of Human Motion
- 12 The Conditions of Linear Motion
- 13 The Conditions of Rotary Motion
- 14 The Center of Gravity and Stability Part III Motor Skills: Principles and Applications
- 15 Kinesiology of Fitness and Exercise
- 16 Moving Objects: Pushing and Pulling
- 17 Moving Objects: Throwing, Striking, and Kicking
- 18 Locomotion: Solid Surface
- 19 Locomotion: The Aquatic Environment
- 20 Locomotion: When Suspended and Free of Support
- 21 Impact
- 22 Instrumentation for Motion Analysis Appendices Glossary Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Since the 1950s, "Kinesiology: Scientific Basis of Human Motion" has remained the definitive kinesiology text for college students. The twelfth edition continues the text's tradition of examining human motion through the integrated presentation of anatomy and biomechanics and applying that knowledge to a wide variety of motor skills. This edition retains the text's strong coverage of physiology combined with current scholarship in biomechanics as applied to motor skills.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Luttgens' name appears first on the earlier editions.
- Previous ed.: 2008.
- 9780078022548 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0078022541 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780071086431 (pbk.)
- 0071086439 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: