European universities and the challenge of the market : a comparative analysis
- Marino Regini ; with contributions from Gabriele Ballarino ... [et al.].
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar, c2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 233 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC67.68 .E85 R44 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 212-221) and index.
- Contents: Introduction: European Universities Meet the Market Marino Regini PART I: COMPARATIVE ANALYSES 1. Re-designing Curricula: The Involvement of Economic Actors Gabriele Ballarino 2. The Re-organization of Research Sabrina Colombo 3. Student Services and the Labour Market Renata Semenza 4. Funding, Assessment and Governance Loris Perotti 5. The Challenge of the Market Marino Regini PART II: COUNTRY STUDIES 6. UK: The University as Economic Actor Sabrina Colombo 7. The Netherlands: A Difficult Marketization Loris Perotti 8. Germany: Continuity through Change Gabriele Ballarino 9. Investing in Change: The Uneven Outcomes of French Higher Education Renata Semenza 10. Italy: Gradual Changes and an Uncertain Autonomy Gabriele Ballarino and Loris Perotti 11. Spain: Major Reforms and Mixed Performance Loris Perotti Conclusions: Where Are European Universities Going Marino Regini References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781849804035 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- This text offers an account of one of the most important changes in European higher education - the rise of competition and the market as key policy drivers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781849804035 20160605
- Publication date
- 9781849804035 (hbk.)
- 1849804036 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: