Stanford University print collection, 1862-2001
- Physical description
- 330 items
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|SC1039 FLAT BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX 2||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX 3||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX 4||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX 5||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX 6||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX A1||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX A2||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX A3||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX A4||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX A5||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX A6||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX B1||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX B2||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX B3||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX B4||In-library use|
|SC1039 FLAT BOX B5||In-library use|
- Finding aid
- Finding aid
- This collection contains lithographs, drawings, watercolor paintings, art prints, diplomas, certificates, printed illustrations, cartoons, advertisements, bird’s eye maps, and other printed formats. The main focus is Stanford University and its founders; subjects include the career of Leland Stanford, his racing horses, Stanford University’s history, student life, campus buildings, views of campus, faculty achievements, and others. Some items of note include The Leland Stanford Junior University, Plan of Central Premises, 1888, by Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge, architects, and Frederick Law and J. C. Olmsted, landscape architects; original water color designs of mosaics for Memorial Church by A. E. Paoletti; nine demands posted by Students for a Democratic Society on the door of the President’s office, concerning the Stanford Research Institute, 1968; original sketches by Leland Stanford, Jr.; Currier and Ives prints of Stanford’s race horses; design for the president’s house by Louis Christian Mullgardt, architect; woodblock prints by Della Taylor Hoss from Mary Curry Tressider’s “Trees of Yosemite, ” 1932; print by Enrique Chagoya “Illegal Spirit in Black and White”, 1994; caricature sketches of members of Beta Theta Pi, including Winstead “Doodles” Weaver, circa 1935; and Santa Fe Wing No. 9 by Nathan Oliveira, 1990.
- Chagoya, Enrique.
- Mullgardt, Louis Christian, 1866-1942.
- Oliveira, Nathan, 1928-2010.
- Olmsted, Frederick Law, 1822-1903.
- Paoletti, Antonio.
- Stanford, Jane Lathrop, 1828-1905.
- Stanford, Leland, 1824-1893.
- Stanford, Leland, 1868-1884.
- Currier & Ives.
- Stanford University > History.
- Stanford Memorial Church.
- Stanford University > Pictorial works.
- Stanford University > Students.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- The materials are open for research use.
Browse related items
Start at call number: