Strange and sacred noise [electronic resource]
- John Luther Adams.
- English. Video interview in English with English, German, French, and Spanish subtitles.
- New York, NY : Mode, c2005.
- Physical description
- streaming sound files.
- Classical music library.
- Strange and sacred noise. --Dust into dust-- (9:15) ; Solitary and time-breaking waves (10:44) ; Velocities crossing in phase-space (9:40) ; Triadic iteration lattices (8:22) ; Clusters on a quadrilateral grid
- 1 (8:39) ; Clusters on a quadrilateral grid
- 2 (4:36) ; Clusters on a quadrilateral grid
- 3 (4:31) ; Clusters on a quadrilateral grid
- 4 (8:35) ; --And the dust rising-- (8:43)
- Bonus DVD-video. A brief history of noise : John Luther Adams & Allen Otte in conversation (61:43).
- "Contains a complete performance of the title piece by Adams. Written for percussion quartets, this piece is presented without accompanying video images."--Perry Seibert, www.allmovie.com (as viewed on Apr. 12, 2007).
- Publication date
- For percussion ensemble (principally 4 performers).
- Program notes by Steven Schick and the composer and biographical notes on the composer and performers in English with French and German translations ( p. : ill.) in container.
- Performed by Percussion Group Cincinnati (Allen Otte ; James Culley ; Russell Burge) ; with additional percussionists.
- Audio portion recorded Nov. 12-15, 1998 at Patricia Corbett Theater, University of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Rating: Not rated.
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2009. (Classical music library). Available via World Wide Web.
- Included Work
- Brief history of noise.
- Publisher Number
- mode 153 Mode
- MODDV153 MODE
- 153 Mode