Better together : a model university-community partnership for urban youth
- Barbara C. Jentleson.
- New York : Teachers College Press, Teachers College, Columbia University, c2011.
- Physical description
- x, 145 p. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC4091 .J48 2011||Unknown|
- Jentleson, Barbara C.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 129-133) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This is the dramatic story behind the transformation of Duke University from an isolated, exclusive institution to the dynamic, civically engaged campus that exists today. Better Together examines the first decade of the Duke-Durham Neighborhood Partnership (DDNP) and its involvement with Project HOPE, six quality community-based afterschool programs. The author uses case studies and extensive interviews with university and community leaders to describe the development of this successful partnership. The text answers many frequently asked questions about how to create partnerships and includes a range of programming activities that educators and community organizers can use to improve their work with all children, especially low income minority youth.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780807751756 20160605
- Publication date
- 9780807751756 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 0807751758 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9780807751749 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 080775174X (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: