Mean Field Models for Spin Glasses
- Michel Talagrand.
- Berlin ; Heidelberg ; New York : Springer Verlag, c2011-
- Physical description
- v ; 24 cm.
- Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete ; 3. Folge, Bd. 54-55.
Math & Statistics Library
Library has: v.1-
|QC176.8 .S68 T353 2011 V.1||Unknown|
|QC176.8 .S68 T353 2011 V.2||Unknown|
- Talagrand, Michel, 1952-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. Basic examples
- v. 2. Advanced replica-symmetry and low temperature.
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a new, completely revised, updated and enlarged edition of the author's Ergebnisse vol. 46: "Spin Glasses: A Challenge for Mathematicians". This new edition will appear in two volumes, the present first volume presents the basic results and methods, the second volume is expected to appear in 2011. In the eighties, a group of theoretical physicists introduced several models for certain disordered systems, called "spin glasses". These models are simple and rather canonical random structures, of considerable interest for several branches of science (statistical physics, neural networks and computer science). The physicists studied them by non-rigorous methods and predicted spectacular behaviors. This book introduces in a rigorous manner this exciting new area to the mathematically minded reader. It requires no knowledge whatsoever of any physics. The first volume of this new and completely rewritten edition presents six fundamental models and the basic techniques to study them.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642152016 20160605
- Beginning date
- Ergebnisse der mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete : a series of modern surveys in mathematics ; 3. Folge, v. 54-55
- 9783642222528 (v. 2)
- 3642222528 (v. 2)
Browse related items
Start at call number: