Wolf Prize in chemistry : an epitome of chemistry in 20th century and beyond
- editors, Lou-Sing Kan, Sheng-Hsien Lin.
- Singapore : World Scientific, c2011.
- Physical description
- xv, 588 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QD21 .W6 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Bioorganic Chemistry (C Djerassi)-- Synthetic Transition Metal Chemistry (J Chatt)-- Electron Transfer Reactions (R A Marcus)-- Quantum Chemical Methods (J A Pople)-- Femtochemistry (A H Zewail)-- Oligosaccharides (R U Lemieux)-- Transition Metal Chemistry (F A Cotton)-- Long-Range Electron Transfers (H B Gray)-- Laser in Analytical Chemistry (R N Zare)-- and other papers.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814280396 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is an epitome of the development of chemistry in the 20th century and onwards. The book is a collection of brief autobiographies and selected papers of the Wolf Prize in Chemistry laureates from 1978 to 2007. Readers will not only gain detailed knowledge of all the major fields in chemistry, but will also be inspired by the distinguishing personality and character of the laureates in their autobiographies and selected papers. Both editors of the book are veteran chemists who have worked in the field for many years. Dr Sheng-Hsien Lin is a theoretical chemist who has published more than 700 papers and 20 books while Dr Lou-Sing Kan is an NMR specialist and biophysicist who has authored and contributed 170 peer-reviewed papers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814280396 20160605
- Publication date
- "This book aims to introduce Wolf Prize winners in chemistry from 1978 to 2008"--Pref.
Browse related items
Start at call number: