Excel dashboards & reports [electronic resource]
- by Michael Alexander and John Walkenbach.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2010.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xviii, 434 p.) : ill.
- Mr. Spreadsheet's bookshelf.
- Introduction. Part I: Moving from Spreadsheets to Dashboards. Chapter 1: Introducing Dashboards. Chapter 2: Developing Your Data Model. Part II: Excel Chart Basics. Chapter 3: Introducing Excel Charts. Chapter 4: Understanding Chart Types. Chapter 5: Working with Chart Series. Chapter 6: Formatting and Customizing Charts. Part III: Going Beyond Tables and Charts. Chapter 7: Using Pivot Tables. Chapter 8: Using Pivot Charts. Chapter 9: Using Excel Sparklines. Chapter 10: Chartless Visualization Techniques. Part IV: Creating Advanced Dashboard Components. Chapter 11: Components that Show Trending. Chapter 12: Components that Group Data. Chapter 13: Components that Show Performance against a Target. Part V: Automating Your Dashboards and Reports. Chapter 14: Macro-Charged Reporting. Chapter 15: Adding Interactive Controls to Your Dashboard. Part VI: Working with the Outside World. Chapter 16: Importing Microsoft Access Data into Excel. Chapter 17: Sharing Your Work with the Outside World. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470620120 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- The go to resource for how to use Excel dashboards and reports to better conceptualize data Many Excel books do an adequate job of discussing the individual functions and tools that can be used to create an "Excel Report." What they don't offer is the most effective ways to present and report data. Offering a comprehensive review of a wide array of technical and analytical concepts, Excel Reports and Dashboards helps Excel users go from reporting data with simple tables full of dull numbers, to presenting key information through the use of high-impact, meaningful reports and dashboards that will wow management both visually and substantively. Details how to analyze large amounts of data and report the results in a meaningful, eye-catching visualization Describes how to use different perspectives to achieve better visibility into data, as well as how to slice data into various views on the fly Shows how to automate redundant reporting and analyses Part technical manual, part analytical guidebook, Excel Dashboards and Reports is the latest addition to the Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf series and is the leading resource for learning to create dashboard reports in an easy-to-use format that's both visually attractive and effective.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470620120 20160605
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Excel dashboards and reports
- Microsoft Excel dashboards & reports
- Mr. Spreadsheet's bookshelf
- Description based on print version record.
- Includes index.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Alexander, Michael, 1972- Excel dashboards & reports. Hoboken, NJ : Wiley, c2010 ( 9780470620120 )