Modernist cuisine : the art and science of cooking
- Nathan Myhrvold with Chris Young and Maxime Bilet ; photography by Ryan Matthew Smith and Nathan Myhrvold.
- 1st ed.
- Bellevue, Wash. (3150 139th Ave. SE, Bellevue, WA 98005) : Cooking Lab, 2011.
- Physical description
- 6 v. : col. ill. ; 28-34 cm.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: v.1-
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.1||In-library use|
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.2||In-library use|
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.3||In-library use|
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.4||In-library use|
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.5||In-library use|
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.6||In-library use|
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
Library has: v.1-
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.1-6||In-library use|
- v. 1. History and fundamentals
- v. 2. Techniques and equipment
- v. 3. Animals and plants
- v. 4. Ingredients and preparations
- v. 5. Plated-dish recipes
- v. 6. Kitchen manual.
- An overview of the techniques of modern gastronomy. Nathan Myhrvold, Chris Young, and Maxime Bilet -- scientists, inventors, and accomplished cooks in their own right -- have created a six-volume 2,400 page set that reveals science-inspired techniques for preparing food. The authors and their 20 person team at The Cooking Lab have achieved new flavors and textures by using tools such as water baths, homogenizers, centrifuges, and ingredients such as hydrocolloids, emulsifiers, and enzymes.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Art and science of cooking
- Vols. 1-5 (34 cm.) in clear plexiglases case, v. 6 (28 cm.) is a spiral bound book.
- Includes index and glossary for all vols. in v. 5.
- Included Work
- History and fundamentals.
- Techniques and equipment.
- Animals and plants.
- Ingredients and preparations.
- Plated-dish recipes.
- Kitchen manual.
Browse related items
Start at call number: