Modernist cuisine : the art and science of cooking
- Nathan Myhrvold with Chris Young and Maxime Bilet ; photography by Ryan Matthew Smith and Nathan Myhrvold.
- 1st ed.
- Bellevue, Wash. (3150 139th Ave. SE, Bellevue, WA 98005) : Cooking Lab, 2011.
- Physical description
- 6 v. : col. ill. ; 28-34 cm.
- CHEM-29N-01 -- Chemistry in the Kitchen
- Zare, Richard N
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: v.1-
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.1||On reserve at Li and Ma Science Library 2-hour loan|
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.2||On reserve at Li and Ma Science Library 2-hour loan|
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.3||On reserve at Li and Ma Science Library 2-hour loan|
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.4||On reserve at Li and Ma Science Library 2-hour loan|
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.5||On reserve at Li and Ma Science Library 2-hour loan|
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.6||On reserve at Li and Ma Science Library 2-hour loan|
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Library has: v.1-
|TX651 .M947 2011 F V.1-6||In-library use|
- v. 1. History and fundamentals
- v. 2. Techniques and equipment
- v. 3. Animals and plants
- v. 4. Ingredients and preparations
- v. 5. Plated-dish recipes
- v. 6. Kitchen manual.
- An overview of the techniques of modern gastronomy. Nathan Myhrvold, Chris Young, and Maxime Bilet -- scientists, inventors, and accomplished cooks in their own right -- have created a six-volume 2,400 page set that reveals science-inspired techniques for preparing food. The authors and their 20 person team at The Cooking Lab have achieved new flavors and textures by using tools such as water baths, homogenizers, centrifuges, and ingredients such as hydrocolloids, emulsifiers, and enzymes.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Art and science of cooking
- Vols. 1-5 (34 cm.) in clear plexiglases case, v. 6 (28 cm.) is a spiral bound book.
- Includes index and glossary for all vols. in v. 5.
- Included Work
- History and fundamentals.
- Techniques and equipment.
- Animals and plants.
- Ingredients and preparations.
- Plated-dish recipes.
- Kitchen manual.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: