Cognitive therapy for adolescents in school settings
- Creed, Torrey A.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xv, 173 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Guilford practical intervention in the schools series.
LB3430 .C74 2011
- Unknown LB3430 .C74 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 163-168) and index.
- An Overview of Cognitive Therapy. Cognitive Therapy Case Conceptualization. Cognitive Techniques. Behavioral Techniques. Making Cognitive Therapy Happen in the Schools. Appendix 1.1. The Cognitive Model. Appendix 1.2. Thinking Traps. Appendix 2.1. Case Conceptualization. Appendix 2.2. Presession Quick Sheet. Appendix 3.1. Two-Frame Thought Bubble Exercise. Appendix 3.2. Three-Frame Thought Bubble Exercise. Appendix 3. 3. Simple Thought Record. Appendix 3. 4. Thought Record Table. Appendix 3. 5. Three C's Thought Record. Appendix 3.6 Evaluating Thoughts. Appendix 3.7. Road Map to Success. Appendix 4.1. Pleasant Activities List. Appendix 4.2. Reasons for Living. Appendix 4.3. Pros and Cons List. Appendix 4.4. Fear Hierarchy. Appendix 4.5. SUDS Rating Scale. Appendix 4.6. Progressive Muscle Relaxation Exercise. Appendix 4.7. Breathing Exercise.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The first concise guide to conducting Cognitive Therapy (CT) in school settings, this book features in-depth case examples and hands-on clinical tools. The authors - who include renowned CT originator Aaron T. Beck - provide an accessible introduction to the cognitive model and demonstrate specific therapeutic techniques. Strategies are illustrated for engaging adolescents in therapy, rapidly creating an effective case conceptualization, and addressing a range of clinical issues and stressors frequently experienced in grades 6-12. The challenges and rewards of school-based CT are discussed in detail. In a convenient large-size format with lay-flat binding for easy photocopying, the book contains 20 reproducible handouts, worksheets, and forms. Purchasers also get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials. This book will be invaluable to school psychologists, counselors, and social workers; clinical psychologists working in school settings (grades 6-12). It may also serve as a text in graduate-level courses.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Torrey A. Creed, Jarrod Reisweber, Aaron T. Beck.
- The Guilford practical intervention in the schools series
- 9781609181338 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1609181336 (pbk. : alk. paper)