Scientific writing : thinking in words
- David Lindsay.
- Collingwood, Vic. : CSIRO Publishing, c2011.
- Physical description
- vi, 122 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Lindsay, D. R.
- Thinking about your writing -- Writing about your thinking -- Thinking and writing beyond the scientific article.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780643100466 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- Telling people about research is just as important as doing it. But many researchers, who, in all other respects, are competent scientists, are afraid of writing. They are wary of the unwritten rules, the unspoken dogma and the inexplicably complex style, all of which seem to pervade conventional thinking about scientific writing. This book has been written to expose these phantoms as largely smoke and mirrors, and replace them with principles that make communicating research easier and encourage researchers to write confidently. As one senior scientist observed, 'This book not only made me a better writer; it made me a better scientist'.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780643100466 20160605
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Scientific writing = thinking in words
- Scientific writing equals thinking in words
- Includes index.
- 9780643100466 (pbk)
- 0643100466 (pbk)
- 9780643101579 (ePDF)
- 0643101578 (ePDF)
- 9780643102231 (ePub)
- 064310223X (ePub)
Browse related items
Start at call number: