We loved each other so much [videorecording]
- directed by Jack Janssen ; produced by Pieter Van Huystee ; PvH Film/IKON.
- Arabic, English. In Arabic with English subtitles.
- Brooklyn, N.Y. : First Run/Icarus Films, [2008?]
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (80 min.) : sd., col. ; 43/4 in.
- "For nearly half a century, the Lebanese singer Hoda Nouhad Haddad, better known as Fairuz, has been a living legend in the Arab world. [The film] tells the stories of diverse Beirut inhabitants who, regardless of their political or religious affiliations, have always felt a deep emotional connection with Fairuz and her music, which expresses such universal themes as romantic longing, family attachments, nostalgia for simpler times and love of country. By explaining their attachment to the music and the myth of Fairuz, they tell their life stories, often recounting violent incidents from the civil war. Their reminiscences, combined with portions of many of Fairuz's songs, provide a moving commentary on Lebanon's tumultuous history, traces of which are still visible in Beirut's devastated cityscape and bullet-scarred buildings."--Container.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Subtitle on container: Stories of Beirut and the music of Fairuz
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2003.
- Production Credits
- Camera, Martijn van Beenen ; editor, Meeno Boerema.
- DVD, NTSC; widescreen presentation.
- San Francisco Arab Film Festival, 2004, Vancouver International Film Festival, 2004
Browse related items
Start at call number: