Geothermal reservoir engineering
- 2nd ed. / Malcolm A. Grant, Paul F. Bixley.
- Burlington, MA : Academic Press, 2011.
- Physical description
- p. cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Machine generated contents note: Part 1. Well Testing Measurements During Drilling Completion Testing Flow Testing Case Study: BR2 Pressure Transient Analyses. Part 2. Reservoir Assessment Conceptual Modeling Reservoir Capacity Reservoir Simulation-Summary and Examples Field Design - Injection Planning Data Preparation for Input to Simulation. Part 3. Reservoir Management Production Monitoring and Changes in Well Performance Interference and Tracer Testing Effects on Surface Activity.
- Publisher's Summary
- As nations alike struggle to diversify and secure their power portfolios, geothermal energy, the essentially limitless heat emanating from the earth itself, is being harnessed at an unprecedented rate. For the last 25 years, engineers around the world tasked with taming this raw power have used "Geothermal Reservoir Engineering" as both a training manual and a professional reference. This long-awaited second edition of "Geothermal Reservoir Engineering" is a practical guide to the issues and tasks geothermal engineers encounter in the course of their daily jobs. The book focuses particularly on the evaluation of potential sites and provides detailed guidance on the field management of the power plants built on them. With over 100 pages of new material informed by the breakthroughs of the last 25 years, "Geothermal Reservoir Engineering" remains the only training tool and professional reference dedicated to advising both new and experienced geothermal reservoir engineers. This is the only resource available to help geothermal professionals make smart choices in field site selection and reservoir management. Its practical focus eschews theory and basics - getting right to the heart of the important issues encountered in the field. Updates include coverage of advances in EGS (enhanced geothermal systems), well stimulation, well modeling, extensive field histories and preparing data for reservoir simulation. Case studies provide cautionary tales and best practices that can only be imparted by a seasoned expert.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780123838803 20160605
- Geothermal engineering.
- Publication date
- 9780123838803 (hardback)
- 0123838800 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: