- Jewell Parker Rhodes.
- 1st ed.
- New York ; Boston : Little, Brown and Co., 2010.
- Physical description
- 217 p. ; 20 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3568 .H63 N56 2010||Unknown|
- Rhodes, Jewell Parker.
- Publisher's Summary
- Abandoned by her peers because of her ability to see spirits, Lanesha longs for connection despite the strong love of her adopted grandmother, Mama Ya-Ya. As hurricane Katrina approaches and her neighbours flee, Lanesha must stay and brace for a storm of epic proportions. As the levees break, Lanches must find a way to survive the floods on her own...
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780316043076 20160603
- Hurricane Katrina, 2005 > Juvenile fiction.
- Spirits > Juvenile fiction.
- Survival > Juvenile literature.
- African Americans > Juvenile fiction.
- New Orleans (La.) > Juvenile fiction.
- Hurricane Katrina, 2005 > Fiction.
- Spirits > Fiction.
- Coming of age > Fiction.
- Survival > Fiction.
- African Americans > Fiction.
- New Orleans (La.) > Fiction.
- Publication date
- Coretta Scott King Author Honor Book, 2011
Browse related items
Start at call number: