Arthur Blackburn, VC : an Australian hero, his men, and their two World Wars
- Andrew Faulkner.
- Kent Town, S. Aust. : Wakefield Press, 2008.
- Physical description
- xiv, 498 p.,  p. of plates : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Faulkner, Andrew.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 480-486) and index.
Gallipoli hero, Victoria Cross recipient, battalion and brigade commander, conqueror of Damascus and defiant antagonist of the Japanese - by any measure Arthur Seaforth Blackburn was one of Australia's most remarkable soldiers. This, the first Blackburn biography, details the famous battles that shaped Australia. It tells Blackburn's story through the eyes of his comrades, including many from his battalion who survived the horrors of the Burma Railway, and includes photographs taken by Blackburn never published before.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Blackburn, Arthur Seaforth, 1892-1960.
- Australia. Australian Army > Officers > Biography.
- World War, 1914-1918 > Australia > Biography.
- World War, 1939-1945 > Australia > Biography.
- Prisoners of war > Australia > Biography.
- Prisoners of war > Japan > Biography.
- Victoria Cross > Biography.
- Local subject
- Mansell Coll.
- Publication date
- Shortlisted for National Biography Award (Australia) 2009.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781862547841 20160605
Browse related items
Start at call number: