Opensecrets.org [electronic resource] : Money in Politics--See Who's Giving & Who's Getting
- Washington, DC : Center for Responsive Politics
- Politicians & elections
- Influence & lobbying
- News & analysis
- About us
- Action Center.
- "The most comprehensive, nonpartisan, resource for campaign contributions, lobbying data and analysis available anywhere. And for other organizations and news media, CRP's exclusive data powers their online features tracking money in politics -- counting cash to make change. [We are] a clearinghouse for data and analysis on multiple aspects of money in politics -- the independent interest groups called 527s committees, federal lobbying, Washington's 'revolving door', privately sponsored congressional travel and the personal finances of members of Congress, the president and other officials. The unparalleled data we produce helps power the online features and research of activist groups and news organizations, extending the reach of our research. We also collaborate with other transparency advocates to encourage government to provide more information to citizens in electronic formats that allow for easier review and understanding."--About us [Mar. 3, 2010]
- "The Center for Responsive Politics describes itself as 'a non-partisan, non-profit research group based in Washington, D.C. that tracks money in politics, and its effect on elections and public policy.' Opensecrets.org, the Center's Web site, provides information from the Federal Election Commission about campaign contributions to Congress, to the political parties and the presidential campaigns. The site may be navigated by tabs at the top of the web page, by search engines within the site, or by links to current issues. Everything is documented with citations and methodology. The mission statement, contact information, and funding sources are clearly noted. Opensecrets.org is a goldmine of data on contributions in politics, helpful both for students writing papers and for avid followers of politics"--"Best Free Reference Web Sites 2002, " RUSA Quarterly, Fall 2002; reviewed Feb. 19, 2002.
- Center for Responsive Politics (Washington, D.C.)
- United States. Congress > Elections.
- Campaign funds > United States.
- Political action committees > United States.
- Political participation > United States.
- Lobbying > United States.
- Politicians > United States.
- Center for Responsible Politics.
- Policy sciences.
- Campaign funds > Research.
- Washington (D.C.)
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Web site of the Center for Responsive Politics
- Open secrets.org
- Former subtitle: Online source for money in politics <May 19, 1999>
- IiFormer subtitle: the Web site of the Center for Responsive Politics
- Former Title
- Center for Responsive Politics <Nov. 6, 1998>
- Frequently updated
- Vol/date range
- Began in 1990s?
- Title from HTML headers (viewed March 2, 2011).
- "Money in politics data"--Former subtitle in HTML header.
- This information also published in print under title: Open secrets.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.