Strategies and models for teachers : teaching content and thinking skills
- Paul Eggen, Don Kauchak.
- 6th ed.
- Boston : Pearson, c2012.
- Physical description
- xiv, 346 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1027.3 .E44 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 335-342) and index.
- Chapter 1: Models of Teaching and Developing as a Teacher Teachers make a difference The need for instructional alternatives Learning and teaching in today's world Decision making and reflective practice Chapter 2: Learning, Motivation, and Models of Teaching The importance of classroom climate Cognitive learning theory Learner motivation Chapter 3: Essential Teaching Strategies and the Teaching of Thinking Planning for instruction: An essential teaching strategy Learning activities: Implementing essential teaching strategies Essential teaching strategies and the teaching of thinking Chapter 4: Student-Student Interaction Strategies: Groupwork, Cooperative Learning, and Discussions Features of effective groupwork and cooperative learning Groupwork strategies Cooperative learning strategies Discussion strategies Cooperative learning and discussions in different learning environments Chapter 5: The Guided Discovery Model Content taught with the Guided Discovery Model Planning lessons with the Guided Discovery Model Implementing lessons using the Guided Discovery Model Adapting the Guided Discovery model in different learning environments Assessing student learning Chapter 6: The Concept Attainment Model Learning objectives for the Concept Attainment Model Planning lessons with the Concept Attainment Model Implementing lessons using the Concept Attainment Model Adapting the Concept Attainment Model in different learning environments Assessing student learning in Concept Attainment activities Chapter 7: The Integrative Model Learning goals for the Integrative Model Planning lessons with the Integrative Model Implementing lessons using the Integrative Model Adapting the Integrative Model in different learning environments Assessing student learning when the Integrative Model is used Chapter 8: Problem-based Learning Planning Problem-based Learning lessons Implementing Problem-based Learning lessons Inquiry Adapting problem-based instruction in different learning environments Assessing learning in problem-based activities Chapter 9: The Direct Instruction Model Planning lessons with the Direct Instruction Model Implementing lessons using the Direct Instruction Model Adapting the Direct Instruction Model in Different Learning Environments Assessing student understanding when using the Direct Instruction Model Chapter 10: The Lecture-Discussion Model Lectures and lecture-discussions Planning lessons using the Lecture-Discussion Model Implementing Lecture-Discussion Model Adapting the Lecture-Discussion Model in different learning contexts Assessing learning when using the Lecture-Discussion Model Glossary References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780132179331 20160602
- Publisher's Summary
- This K-12 teaching methods text continues to focus on instruction, using a models approach that links prescriptive teaching strategies to specific content and thinking objectives. Well known for it's practical case-study approach, the Sixth Edition of Strategies and Models for Teachers opens each chapter with a case study that illustrates an instructional model in practice and translates cognitive principles of learning into teaching strategies. This edition is composed of two main parts. In Part I the first three chapters describe principles of cognitive learning and motivation theory, teaching strategies that apply to all grade levels, and the teaching of thinking. In Part II, the remaining chapters offer detailed coverage of the individual models, with each model designed to help learners reach specific cognitive, social, and critical thinking goals. With a focus on active learning, utilizing research, cognitive psychology, experience, and emphasizes the teacher's central role in the learning process teachers will find this an invaluable resource throughout their career.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780132179331 20160602
- Publication date
- 9780132179331 (alk. paper)
- 0132179334 (alk. paper)
- 9780132679022 (book + MyEducationLab)
- 0132679027 (book + MyEducationLab)
Browse related items
Start at call number: