Education in the creative economy : knowledge and learning in the age of innovation
- edited by Daniel Araya & Michael A. Peters.
- New York : Peter Lang, c2010.
- Physical description
- xxx, 675 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028.3 .E326 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents: John Seely Brown: Foreword: Education in the Creative Economy - Michael A. Peters/Daniel Araya: Introduction: The Creative Economy: Origins, Categories, and Concepts - Daniel Araya: Educational Policy in the Creative Economy - Stuart Cunningham/Luke Jaaniste: The Policy Journey Toward Education for the Creative Economy - Richard Florida/Brian Knudsen/Kevin Stolarick: The University and the Creative Economy - Terry Flew: Creative Clusters and Universities: The Cluster Concept in Economics and Geography - Greg Hearn/Ruth Bridgstock: Education for the Creative Economy: Innovation, Transdisciplinarity, and Networks - Phillip Brow/Hugh Lauder: The Knowledge Economy, Knowledge Capitalism, Creativity, and Globalization - Sam Pitroda: The National Knowledge Commission: Education and the Future of India - Bengt-Ake Lundvall/Palle Rasmussen/Edward Lorenz: Education in the Learning Economy: A European Perspective - David Rooney: Creatively Wise Education in a Knowledge Economy - Michael A. Peters: Creativity, Openness, and User-Generated Cultures - Philippe Aigrain/Leslie Chan/Jean-Claude Guedon/John Willinsky/Yochai Benkler: Symposium on The Wealth of Networks - John Howkins: Catalyst - Brian Fitzgerald/Sampsung Xiaoxiang Shi: Reconceptualising Copyright Law for the Creative Economy through the Lens of Evolutionary Economics' - Matteo Pasquinelli: The Ideology of Free Culture and the Grammar of Sabotage - Michel Bauwens: Toward a P2P Economy - Peter Murphy: Creative Economies and Research Universities - Charles Landry: The Creative Ecology of the Creative City: A Summary - Jan Nederveen Pieterse: Innovate, Innovate! Here Comes American Rebirth - Anne Balsamo: Working the Paradigm Shift: Educating the Technological Imagination - Patrick Whitney: Learning in the Creative Economy - Erica McWilliam/Jennifer Pei-Ling Tan/Shane Dawson: Creativity, Digitality, and Twenty-First-Century Schooling - Tina (A. C.) Besley: Digitized Youth: Constructing Identities in the Creative Knowledge Economy - Dave Cormier: Community as Curriculum - Ellen McCulloch-Lovell: The Creative Campus: Practicing What We Teach - Michael Parsons: Three Versions of Creativity in Education and Art - Eduardo de la Fuente: Beyond the Academic Iron Cage: Education and the Spirit of Aesthetic Capitalism - John Holden: Democratic Culture: Opening Up the Arts to Everyone - Bill Cope/Mary Kalantzis: by Design - Torill Strand: Beyond Education: Metaphors on Creativity and Workplace Learning - Pat Kane: Afterword: Play, the Net, and the Perils of Educating for a Creative Economy.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781433107450 20160602
- Publisher's Summary
- Education in the Creative Economy explores the need for new forms of learning and education that are most conducive to supporting student development in a creative society. Just as the assembly line shifted the key factor of production from labor to capital, digital networks are now shifting the key factor of production from capital to innovation. Beyond conventional discussions on the knowledge economy, many scholars now suggest that digital technologies are fomenting a shift in advanced economies from mass production to cultural innovation. This edited volume, which includes contributions from renowned scholars like Richard Florida, Charles Landry, and John Howkins, is a key resource for policymakers, researchers, teachers and journalists to assist them to better understand the contours of the creative economy and consider effective strategies for linking education to creative practice. In addition to arguments for investing in the knowledge economy through STEM disciplines (science, technology, engineering and math), this collection explores the growing importance of art, design and digital media as vehicles for creativity and innovation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781433107450 20160602
- Publication date
- 9781433107443 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1433107449 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781433107450 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1433107457 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: