Chronicling America [electronic resource] : historic American newspapers
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress
- This database allows you to search and view newspaper pages from 1880-1922 (and eventually back to 1836) and find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. The National Endowment for the Humanities aims to have every state and U.S. territory represented in Chronicling America. One organization within each state or territory will receive an award to collaborate with relevant state partners in this effort. This rich digital resource will be developed and permanently maintained at the Library of Congress.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Historic American newspapers
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2006.
- Title from title screen (viewed July 7, 2009).
- "Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Library of Congress as part of the National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP)"--Title screen.