Santa Catarina State, Brazil, 2010
- Paris : OECD, c2010.
- Physical description
- 355 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Reviews of national policies for education.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LC92 .B8 S36 2010
- Unknown LC92 .B8 S36 2010
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Executive Summary
- The Financing of Public Schooling
- Access and Equity including Special Education Provision
- Curriculum and Textbooks in Pre-school, Basic and Secondary Education
- Student Assessment
- Professional and Technological Education
- The Teaching Career and Teacher Education
- Higher Education
- Research, Development and Innovation
- Towards Strategic Reform Measures.
- Education is a central priority for the State of Santa Catarina. Its policy makers are firmly committed to provide a relevant and efficient education system that responds to the requirements of the global economy and will allow the state to be competitive, both nationally and internationally . This OECD review gives a brief overview of education in Santa Catarina and its development. It presents an analysis of the system from pre-school to tertiary education and lifelong learning, and identifies key directions for policy reform in light of the challenges encountered by officials, communities, enterprises, educators, parents and students. It concludes with a set of key recommendations concerning the structure of the system and its labour market relevance; access and equity; governance and management; research, development and innovation; internationalisation; and financing.
- Publication date
- Reviews of national policies for education, 1990-0198
- 9789264091337 (print)
- 9264091335 (print)
- 9789264091344 (PDF)