Betrayed : how the education establishment has betrayed America and what you can do about it
- Laurie H. Rogers.
- Lanham, Md : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- x, 283 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LA217.2 .R65 2010||Unknown|
- Rogers, Laurie H., 1961-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 261-281).
- 1 Chapter 1: Betrayed 2 Chapter 2: Something's Wrong With Public Education 3 Chapter 3: The Square of Effective Learning, METT-TC and the OODA Loop 4 Chapter 4: Corner 1 - The Teacher's Ability to Teach 5 Chapter 5: Corner 2 - The Curriculum 6 Chapter 6: Corner 3 - The Learning Environment 7 Chapter 7: Corner 4 - The Student's Ability to Learn 8 Chapter 8: Administrative Accountability 9 Chapter 9: Dealing With Diversionary Issues 10 Chapter 10: Consequences to the Students and the Nation 11 Chapter 11: What Can Be Done?
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- In America, more money is spent from all sources on K-12 education than on the U.S. Department of Defense. Why then are so many children suffering what amounts to educational malpractice? Why are they crippled for life with a substandard education and a life-altering vision of themselves as "incapable"? Betrayed is a passionate, well-researched and frank accounting of how a failing public-education system continues to be forced on teachers and students, despite its nearly complete lack of supporting research or successful student outcomes. Betrayed roots out the self-styled "stakeholders" whose personal, professional and financial interests are served by this failing system. It sympathizes with teachers-many of whom aren't allowed to do their jobs, yet are constantly threatened with removal for "ineffectiveness" or "insubordination." Betrayed is an expose, but it's also a beacon of commonsense and hope. Through the "Square of Effective Learning, " Betrayed offers practical methods for teachers, parents, advocates and legislators to stand up against this broken system, to effect positive change, and to ensure a good-quality education for all of our children.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781610480444 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610480449 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610480451 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610480457 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610480468 (ebk.)
- 1610480465 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: