School leadership : case studies solving school problems
- Benjamin Piltch and Terrence Quinn.
- 2nd ed.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- vi, 173 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2805 .P589 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1 1. Preface 2 2. 21st Century School Leadership: Best Practices 3 3. Talent Multipliers - And Diminishers 4 4. Is Test Practice Effective Instruction? 5 5. Zachary's Achilles Heel 6 6. Good Communication is Essential 7 7. A Betrayal of Trust 8 8. The Principal as the Instructional Leader Part 9 9. The Principal as the Instructional Leader Part 2 10 10. "We Are Normal Too" 11 11. The Elemiddle School 12 12. A Community of Principals 13 13 . 90% of Success is Showing Up 14 14. School Leadership Committee 15 15. A Principal's Report Card 16 16. Will Cheating Strike Out Bobby? 17 17. The Chart Attack 18 18. Fighting Fat 19 19. Town on the Rebound 20 20. Making A Mark 21 21. Management Stuff 22 22. Visiting the Classes 23 23. Culture Shock 24 24. The BMW Teacher 25 25. The Vision Thing 26 26. Serving Two Masters 27 27. The Game Plan 28 28. Is Bernie Burning Out? 29 29. But Can She Teach? 30 30. A Community of Teachers 31 31. A Good Parents Association President 32 32. The Petulant PTA President 33 33. Hands-on Science 34 34. Innovative Staff Development 35 35. In-School Suspension 36 36. The New Teacher 37 37. Ongoing Assessment 38 38. Social Studies Instruction 39 39. A Difference of Styles 40 40. When Pupil Achievement Goes South 41 41. Tug of Conscience.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Parents, lawmakers, supervisors, and unions are among the many constituencies that demand influence, if not control, of the educational process. How does the school administrator balance all the needs of the various groups and still remain true to the ultimate, though most powerless constituency: the students? Through case studies and anecdotes based on real-life experiences, the authors share the ups and downs of the educational world, seeking to find the balance that is most effective in ensuring success. School Leadership:Case Studies Solving School Problems details decision making and actions taken that dramatically affect the success of students and schools as well as school systems. This second edition continues and improves on the first edition with a series of new and timely school leadership case studies that require the reader to reflect on the variety of issues that cross the principal's desk every day. The reader will find the case studies and anecdotes highly absorbing. They are so real, fraught with complexity, and will require the reader to use a sophisticated decision-making process.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781607099512 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1607099519 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607099529 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607099527 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607099536 (electronic)
- 1607099535 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: