Implementing adaptation strategies by legal, economic and planning instruments on climate change
- Eike Albrecht, Michael Schmidt, Magdalena Mißler-Behr, Simon P.N. Spyra.
- Berlin : Springer, 
- Physical description
- xvi, 340 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm.
- Environmental protection in the European Union ; v. 4.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Adaptation to climate change in the international climate change regime : challenges and responses / Tanzim Afroz and Mostafa Mahmud Naser
- Advancing forest-related adaptation : options for adaptation-oriented REDD+ / Andrew Long
- Innovation, adaptation and climate change law / Elizabeth Burleson
- Managing adaptation : developing a learning infrastructure in the United States' federal system / Alejandro E. Camacho
- Adaptation strategies in the Netherlands / Joyeeta Gupta, Judith E.M. Klostermann, Emmy Bergsma, and Pieter Jong
- Liability for damage caused by climate change : a way to internalize the costs of adaptation? / Ingmar Piroch
- Strategy development and risk management in the context of emission rights trading / Magdalena Mißler-Behr and Sana Mehicic
- The possibilities and potential advantages of the life cycle assessment in the framework of climate change mitigation / Marek Gawor
- Framework for analysing institutional capacity for wetland management : the case of the Gemenc Floodplain / Hendrike clouting, Wim Douven, Elena Ostrovskaya, Beata Pataki, and Klaas Schwartz
- Adaptation to climate change in developing countries : a need in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria / Chika Ubaldus Ogbonna
- Climate change adaptation and biodiversity conservation : an economic perspective / Frank Wätzold
- Economic instruments for integrating climate change considerations into development strategies of industrial regions in Ukraine : experience and issues / Ludmila Palekhova
- Risk management and climate change : a question of insurability / Lars Krause and Terence Onang Egute
- The cumulative impacts of climate change on subsistence agriculture in the Sudano-Sahel zone of Cameroon : enhancing adaptation policies / Prosper Somah Techoro and Michael Schmidt
- Climate change in Cameroon and its impacts on agriculture / Cornelius M. Lambi and Sunday S. Kometa
- Cameroon's sustainable forest management initiatives with potentials for climate change mitigation and adaptation / Terence Onang Egute and Eike Albrecht
- The Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG) as German way of a future-oriented energy policy change / André Zschiegner and Emmanuel Wanki
- Climate change effects on agriculture and water resources availability in Syria / Bachar Ibrahim
- Crowdsourcing and climate change : applications of collaborative information systems for monitoring and response / Hendrik Send, Anna Riedel, and Anna Hansch
- Beside adaptation : concepts for the future / Simon Spyra and Eike Albrecht.
The causes and effects of climate change are just as varied as the proposed solutions and approaches for dealing with the problem. Given the global character of climate change, comprehensive global cooperation is called for that leads to effective and appropriate international action in accordance with the respective responsibilities. These will inevitably differ depending on the capabilities and the social and economic situations of the respective actors. The contributions in this book present a variety of ideas, approaches and tools regarding the adaptation to climate change in specific countries and regions. In addition to examining (existing) legal instruments, they also focus on the implementation of economic instruments and planning tools, as well as their (further) development. Rather than simply discussing strategies to counteract climate change by reducing emissions, the authors also search for ways of actively adapting to climate change.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Environmental protection in the European Union ; volume 4
- 9783540776130 (hbk.)
- 3540776133 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: