On the social and emotional lives of gifted children : understanding and guiding their development
- Cross, Tracy L.
- 4th ed.
- Waco, Tex. : Prufrock Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xxii, 287 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
BF723 .G5 C76 2011
- Unknown BF723 .G5 C76 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 227-230).
- Examining beliefs about the gifted
- Determining the needs of gifted children
- Competing with myths about the social and emotional development of gifted students
- Social and emotional development of gifted children: straight talk
- Gifted children and Erikson's theory of psychosocial development
- A consideration of axiomatic statements
- How gifted students cope with mixed messages
- Examining claims about gifted children and suicide
- On chance and being gifted
- Guiding and supporting the development of gifted children practical advice for guiding the gifted
- Working on behalf of gifted students
- Developing relationships, communication, and identity
- Swagger or humility or swagger and humility : a new goal for educating students with gifts and talents
- Putting the well-being of all students (including gifted students) first
- Owning the problem of undesirable behavior : disintermediation and how our children are taught to drink, smoke, and gamble
- Self-mutilation and gifted children
- On preventing suicide among gifted students
- Gifted students and the adults who provide for them : lessons learned from terrorism
- Gifted students' social and emotional development in the 21st century
- Technology and the unseen world of gifted students
- Digital immigrants, natives, and "tweeners" : a glimpse into the future for our students with gifts and talents
- Nerds and geeks : society's evolving stereotypes of our students with gifts and talents
- The lived experiences of gifted students in school, or on gifted students and columbine
- The rage of gifted students
- The many faces of bullies
- Psychological autopsy provides insight into gifted adolescent suicide
- Contemporary issues in the psychosocial development of students with gifts and talents
- The changing life metaphor of gifted youth
- Changing times
- Top 10 (plus or minus two) list for the 20th century
- Disrupting social contracts that affect gifted students : an homage to "Harrison Bergeron".
- Publication date
- Tracy L. Cross.
- 9781593634988 (pbk.)
- 1593634986 (pbk.)