Ready for revised RICA : a test preparation guide for California's Reading Instruction Competence Assessment
- James J. Zarrillo.
- 3rd ed.
- Boston, MA : Pearson, c2011.
- Physical description
- xviii, 163 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1573 .Z315 2011||Unknown|
- Zarrillo, James.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents Preface New to This Edition Introduction The Test, Test-Taking Strategies, and Common Strategies for Meeting the Needs of All Learners An Overview of the Test Test-Taking Strategies Common Strategies for Meeting the Needs of All Learners Chapter 1 Competency 1: Planning, Organizing, and Managing Reading Instruction Chapter 2 Competency 2: Reading Assessment Chapter 3 Competency 3: Phonological and Phonemic Awareness Chapter 4 Competency 4: Concepts about Print, Letter Recognition, and the Alphabetic Principle Chapter 5 Competency 5: Phonics and Sight Words: Terminology and Concepts Chapter 6 Competency 6: Phonics and Sight Words: Instruction and Assessment Chapter 7 Competency 7: Syllabic Analysis, Structural Analysis, and Orthographic Knowledge Chapter 8 Competency 8: Fluency: Role in Reading Development and Factors that Affect the Development of Fluency Chapter 9 Competency 9: Fluency: Instruction and Assessment Chapter 10 Competency 10: Vocabulary, Academic Language, and Background Knowledge: Role in Reading Development and Factors that Affect Their Development Chapter 11 Competency 11: Vocabulary, Academic Language, and Background Knowledge: Instruction and Assessment Chapter 12 Competency 12: Comprehension: Concepts and Factors Affecting Reading Comprehension Chapter 13 Competency 13: Comprehension: Instruction and Assessment - Before Children Read, While Children Read, and After Children Read Chapter 14 Competency 14: Comprehension: Instruction and Assessment - Narrative/Literary Texts Chapter 15 Competency 15: Comprehension: Instruction and Assessment - Expository/Informational Texts and Study Skills Chapter 16 Study Guide: Key Points to Remember Chapter 17 The Case Study Chapter 18 Working with the Practice Test on the RICA Website Appendices Reference Notes Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780137008681 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- An inexpensive, paperbound, hands-on guide to taking the written version of the revised California Reading Instruction Competence Assessment (RICA), this resource is a "must have" guide for teacher candidates. In it is everything needed for candidates to pass the test, including complete coverage of the 15 competencies covered in the test, a study guide with key points to remember, an informative case study, and information for working with the practice test on the RICA Website. Ready for the Revised RICA, 3e is completely up to date with the revised RICA.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780137008681 20160605
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: 2005.
- 9780137008681 (alk. paper)
- 0137008686 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: