From the diary of Sally Hemings [sound recording].
- Uniform Title
- From the diary of Sally Hemings
- [Michigan] : White Pine Music, p2010.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
- Part one. They say I was born old (1:44) ; Martha and Maria (1:24) ; White waves (3:33) ; Paris, c'est la ville vivante (1:56) ; The master brings music to his sitting room (1:34)
- I was carrying a tray when he called me (1:43)
- Part two. They say I was born old-- the rage, the anger (1:55) ; Come back to America (2:07) ; Back home at Monticello (:47)
- Purple hyacinth begins to bloom (2:04) ; My sister ghost (4:12)
- Part three. Peonies, a perfume box (1:37) ; Mister, our child is frail (2:47) ; A dark winter blue-black evening (1:22)
- Old shoe!
- Part four. A wild man home from the woods (1:57) ; Papers! I've never seen so many (1:53) ; Night watch till early morn (8:54).
- Release date
- Production date
- Song cycle for soprano and piano.
- Text by Sandra Seaton.
- Compact disc.
- Program notes and text inserted in container.
- Production Credits
- Scott Burgess, producer/engineer.
- Alyson Cambridge, soprano ; Lydia Brown, piano.
- Recorded July 7-9, 2009 in the Staples Family Concert Hall, Central Michigan University School of Music, Mount Pleasant, Mich.
- Publisher Number
- WPM221 White Pine Music
Browse related items
Start at call number: