The multiliteracies classroom
- Kathy A. Mills.
- Bristol, UK ; Buffalo [N.Y.] : Multilingual Matters, c2011.
- Physical description
- xv, 152 p. ; 22 cm.
- New perspectives on language and education.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC149 .M555 2011||Unknown|
- Mills, Kathy, 1974-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 140-147) and index.
- Introduction Chapter One: Multiliteracies Matters Chapter Two: Situated and Explicit Pedagogy Chapter Three: Critical and Creative Pedagogy Chapter Four: Multimodality, Media and Access Chapter Five: New Social Spaces Chapter Six: Discourses and Diversity Chapter Seven: Power and Access Chapter Eight: New Times.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The multiliteracies approach to literacy education has become established as an accessible and effective paradigm for classroom practice in the 21st century. The Multiliteracies Classroom enlivens this theory with its vivid description of events in a real classroom. Teachers will identify with the lively transcripts of classroom interactions, and be inspired to widen students' access to new literacy practices in an increasingly digital and globalised world. The possibilities and constraints that can be encountered when implementing multiliteracies are explored in detail. Educators know from experience that students begin their classroom journey with entirely unequal opportunities for literacy success. The Multiliteracies Classroom does not ignore this reality, highlighting the influence of society's patterns of power on literacy learning in the digital age. Its key themes provide a blueprint for the future of literacy research and practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- New perspectives on language and education
- 9781847693198 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1847693199 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781847693181 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1847693180 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781847693204 (ebook)
- 1847693202 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: