The moral imperative realized
- Fullan, Michael.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press ; [Toronto] : Ontario Principals' Council, 2011.
- Physical description
- xiii, 81 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
LB2805 .F848 2011
- Unknown LB2805 .F848 2011
- Ontario Principals' Council.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- About the Author Preface Acknowledgments 1. Moral Purpose Is Not a Strategy Moral Imperative as Strategy Moral Purpose Is Not Sufficient 2. Realized Moral Purpose Ontario: Crosby, Armadale, Rideau, South Simcoe Chicago: 100 Schools 3. School and District Symbiosis Sanger Unified School District Fort Bend Independent School District Ottawa Catholic District School Board York Region District School Board District and School Symbiosis 4. System Leaders School Leaders Broaden Their Perspective School Leaders as Formal System Leaders System Leaders Themselves Becoming "Superman" References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Like all of Fullan's work, this is a must read. He offers such precise strategies for implementation that inaction is no longer an option for educators who are committed to high levels of learning for all students." ?Richard DuFour, Author Successful school leadership in action Achieving excellence begins with hard work at the ground level. There is no question that the stakes have been raised and that school leaders have more pressure-and more opportunity-to make a bigger difference than ever before. Award-winning author and educational reform expert Michael Fullan takes the subject of moral leadership to the next level by showing how to put change into practice at the local and systemic levels. He explains how the combined forces of shared leadership make the difference, and outlines proven ways to: * Create a culture of moral leadership* Drive change with school leaders* Achieve systemwide progress* Avoid educational blind alleys School leaders and principals must answer the call to drive the change our children deserve. This invaluable resource will inspire, educate, and provide a map for blazing the trail to success.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Michael Fullan.
- 9781412996105 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412996104 (pbk. : alk. paper)