Dekker encyclopedia of nanoscience and nanotechnology [electronic resource]
- 2nd ed.
- Boca Raton [Fla.] : Taylor & Francis, c2009.
- Physical description
- 6 v. (various pagings) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Aerosol Nanoparticles: Theory of Coagulation. Atomic Force Microscopy Imaging Artifacts. Biological and Chemical Weapon Decontamination by Nanoparticles. Bionanoparticles. Carbon Nanotubes: Electronic Properties. Core/Shell Nanospheres, Hollow Capsules, and Bottles. DNA Hybridization: Electronic Control. Fullerenes: Topology and Structure. Functionalization of Silica Surfaces. Magnetic Nanoparticles: Preparation and Properties. Molecular Computing Machine. Molecular Switches. Moore's Law: Performance and Disspation. Nanomaterials: New Trends. Nanostructured Catalysts. Optical Nanosensors and Nanobiosensors. Polymer Nanoparticles for Gene Delivery: Synthesis and Processing. Quantum Dot Lasers. Self-Assembly of Nanocolloidal Gold Films.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- With its original publication, the Dekker Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology immediately became the reference against which all other nano references are measured. Noting that the encyclopedia was being assembled by leading authorities at an early stage in the field's development, Sir Harry Kroto, 1996 Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry, rightfully predicted that the encyclopedia would bring together key advances in a "coherently organized framework." Continuing to cover the field as no other resource, the six-volume second edition crosses disciplines to examine fundamental nano principles, theories, and methodologies, as well as the latest information on nano-relevant properties. It also covers advances in nanoscale engineering, newly developed simulation tools, and emerging computational methods. Among other accolades, this million-dollar bestseller has gone on to win an Outstanding Academic Book Award from CHOICE magazine. ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE This Taylor & Francis encyclopedia is also available through online subscription, offering a variety of extra benefits for both researchers, students, and librarians, including: Citation tracking and alerts Active reference linking Saved searches and marked lists HTML and PDF format options For more information, visit Taylor and Francis Online. Or contact us to inquire about subscription options and print/online combination packages. US: (Tel) 1.888.318.2367 / (E-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org International: (Tel) +44 (0) 20 7017 6062 / (E-mail) email@example.com.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Cristian I. Contescu, Karol Putyera.
- Title Variation
- Encyclopedia of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- "A CRC title."
- Also available in print edition.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9780415891295 (e-book : PDF)
- 0415891299 (e-book : PDF)