Keeping and improving today's school leaders : retaining and sustaining the best
- edited by Bruce S. Cooper and Sharon Conley.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 128 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB2805 .K374 2011
- Unknown LB2805 .K374 2011
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1 Foreword 2 Chapter 1: Keeping Tomorrow's Educational Leaders 3 Chapter 2: Socialization of Assistant Principals 4 Chapter 3: Administrative Teams 5 Chapter 4: - Leading in Financially Stressful Times 6 Chapter 5: Routines, Rituals, and Revival 7 Chapter 6: Mentoring Latina/Latino Leaders 8 Chapter 7: Leadership for Superintendents Leading Principals 9 Epilogue: Retaining and Sustaining the Best in a Dynamic Environment.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- With dwindling funds and resources, tougher state and federal standards, and fatigue from more regulations and testing, many school administrators are giving up_or 'crashing' and leaving their posts. This book examines the process of sustaining and retaining quality leaders at the school and district levels. Beginning with a foreword by Michelle D. Young on the importance of administrative leadership in schools, subsequent chapters address: six steps of critical organizational supports for leaders; the need for socializing assistant principals into their roles; administrators' perceptions of their administrative teams; school routines and rituals; the need for administrator mentoring of Latina/Latino leaders; the relationship between superintendent leadership and principal job satisfaction and efficacy. Concluding with thoughts about retaining and sustaining the best leaders in dynamic environments, the various chapters offer contemporary views on retaining and encouraging school administrators throughout the life cycle. The chapters provide needed insight into what should and must be done to grow the best leaders for U.S. schools.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "Foreword by Michelle D. Young"--Cover.
- 9781607099635 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607099632 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607099642 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607099640 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607099659 (ebk.)
- 1607099659 (ebk.)