School budgeting for hard times : confronting cutbacks and critics
- William K. Poston, Jr. ; foreword by Fenwick W. English.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 186 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2830.2 .P67 2011||Unknown|
- Poston, William K.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 173-178) and index.
- Foreword by Fenwick W. English Preface Acknowledgments About the Author 1. Performance-Based Budgeting: Beginning the Journey: An Overview 2. Why Change: The Rationale for Performance-Based Budgeting 3. Budget Planning for Financial Effectiveness and Efficiency 4. Budgeting for Financial Prudence and Productivity 5. Organizing and Goal Setting for Performance-Based Budgeting 6. Constructing the Process for Performance-Based Budgeting 7. Developing Performance-Based Budget Increment Packages 8. Determining Budget Priorities and Component Funding Levels 9. Building the Budget Recommendation 10. Budget Issues and Evaluation 11. Ideas to Action: Commencing the Journey Appendixes References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Are you challenged to improve your school's productivity with existing or even diminishing resources? It can be done, and "School Budgeting for Hard Times" will show you how. Author William F. Poston, Jr. has fought and won many budget battles. He and renowned educator Fenwick W. English, who provides the book's foreword, contend that the needs of curriculum and learning should drive the budgeting process - not the other way around. The solution is implementing performance-based budgeting. This text gives step-by-step instructions for: using assessment data to determine budget priorities; applying quality enhancement principles to the process; and, incorporating measurable performance to attain funding. Discover how to do more with less. These proven strategies will help you attain the truly important goals while avoiding the dire cutbacks that threaten local educational systems' effectiveness.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781412990905 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412990904 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: