Earthquake engineering for structural design
- Victor Gioncu and Federico M. Mazzolani.
- London ; New York : Spon Press, 2011.
- Physical description
- xiii, 566 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TA658.44 .G56 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Living with Earthquakes Learning from Earthquakes Engineering Seismology and Earthquake Engineering Advances in Conception About Earthquakes Tectonic Plates and Faults Faults and Earthquakes Earthquakes and Structures New Design Philosophies Progress and Challenges in Codifications.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415465335 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- Developments in Earthquake Engineering have focussed on the capacity and response of structures. They often overlook the importance of seismological knowledge to earthquake-proofing of design. It is not enough only to understand the anatomy of the structure, you must also appreciate the nature of the likely earthquake. Seismic design, as detailed in this book, is the bringing together of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology. It focuses on the seismological aspects of design - analyzing various types of earthquake and how they affect structures differently. Understanding the distinction between these earthquake types and their different impacts on buildings can make the difference between whether a building stands or falls, or at least to how much it costs to repair. Covering the basis and basics of the major international codes, this is the essential guide for professionals working on structures in earthquake zones around the world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415465335 20160605
- Earthquake resistant design.
- Publication date
- 9780415465335 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 0415465338 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9780203848890 (ebook)
- 0203848896 (ebook)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: