Explicit instruction : effective and efficient teaching
LB1025.3 .A718 2011
- Unknown LB1025.3 .A718 2011
- Hughes, Charles A., 1948-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 279-286) and index.
- Exploring the Foundations of Explicit Instruction. Designing Lessons: Skills and Strategies. Designing Lessons: Vocabulary and Concepts. Designing Lessons: Rules. Organizing for Instruction. Delivering Instruction: Eliciting Responses. Delivering Instruction: Other Critical Delivery Skills. Providing Appropriate Independent Practice. Conclusion. Reproducible Materials. Feedback on Application Exercises.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Explicit instruction is systematic, direct, engaging, and success oriented--and has been shown to promote achievement for all students. This highly practical and accessible resource gives special and general education teachers the tools to implement explicit instruction in any grade level or content area. The authors are leading experts who provide clear guidelines for identifying key concepts, skills, and routines to teach; designing and delivering effective lessons; and giving students opportunities to practice and master new material. Sample lesson plans, lively examples, and reproducible checklists and teacher worksheets enhance the utility of the volume. Purchasers can also download and print the reproducible materials for repeated use. Video clips demonstrating the approach in real classrooms are available at the authors' website: www.explicitinstruction.org.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Anita L. Archer and Charles A. Hughes.
- What works for special-needs learners
- 9781609180416 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1609180410 (pbk. : alk. paper)