Action research for educators
- Daniel R. Tomal.
- 2nd ed.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xv, 197 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB1028.24 .T66 2010
- Unknown LB1028.24 .T66 2010
- Tomal, Daniel R.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-191) and index.
- Chapter 1 Foreword Chapter 2 Introduction Chapter 3 The Nature of Educational Research Chapter 4 Action Research Chapter 5 Data Collection Methods Chapter 6 Data Analysis and Interpretation Chapter 7 Solving Problems and Taking Action Chapter 8 Evaluating Action Research Chapter 9 Conducting Action Research.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is a straightforward, no-nonsense guide to a research method that can be used by educators to increase student learning, student self-esteem, and quality of school life in the classroom. This user-friendly book covers the principles and history of action research, ethical and legal considerations, methods for conducting both formal and informal action research, data collection methods, analysis and interpretation, action planning and initiation, and results evaluation. The author includes numerous examples, strategies, and illustrations that can be applied to elementary and secondary schools as well as university settings.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781607096467 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607096463 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607096474 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607096471 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607096481 (ebk.)
- 160709648X (ebk.)