Writing instruction for generation 2.0
- Gloria E. Jacobs.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- xiv, 113 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1575.8 .J25 2011||Unknown|
- Jacobs, Gloria E., 1957-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 111-112).
- Part 1 Section I: Understanding the World of Generation 2.0 Chapter 2 Chapter 1: Who is Generation 2.0 Chapter 3 Chapter 2: What We Can Learn from Lisa and Joaquin Chapter 4 Chapter 3: Making Friends with Multitasking Chapter 5 Chapter 4: What is Good Writing? Part 6 Section II: Applying the World of Generation 2.0 to Writing Instruction Chapter 7 Chapter 5: Rethinking the Research Paper Chapter 8 Chapter 6: Information Gathering Chapter 9 Chapter 7: Drafting and Revising Chapter 10 Chapter 8: Coherence and Organization Chapter 11 Chapter 9: Word Choice and Spelling Chapter 12 Chapter 10: Punctuation Part 13 Section III Chapter 14 Chapter 11: What Next? Chapter 15 Chapter 12: New Literacies Questionnaire Chapter 16 Chapter 13: Recommended Reading.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Writing Instruction for Generation 2.0 addresses many of the concerns teachers have about the impact of the digital world on student writing and suggests ways for teachers to approach these issues within a 21st century literacies framework. This book is not about teaching the writing process, running a writing workshop, or using specific digital tools to support writing instruction. Forward-thinking teachers who wish to understand the 21st century literacies, understand what youth are doing in respect to those literacies, and discover how they can apply this knowledge to classroom instruction will find answers to their questions. The chapters include specific suggestions, but those suggestions are meant as a jumping-off point for imaginative and innovative teachers to adapt to meet the specific needs of students in their classrooms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781607094647 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1607094649 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607094654 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607094657 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607094661 (electronic)
- 1607094665 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: