Advancing differentiation : thinking and learning for the 21st century
- Richard M. Cash ; foreword by Diane Heacox.
- Minneapolis, MN : Free Spirit Pub., c2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 193 p. : ill. ; 28 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|LB1031 .C38 2011||Unknown|
- Cash, Richard M.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 183-185) and index.
- Defining how differentiation looks in today's classroom
- Defining the essentials of a differentiated curriculum
- Advancing differentiation to new levels through a rigorous curriculum
- Motivating and engaging learners
- Developing student self-regulation
- The teaching and learning continuum : building success through autonomy
- The thinking classroom
- A framework for thinking : digging deeper into Bloom's taxonomy
- Critical thinking : developing reasoned thought
- Creative thinking : stepping outside the box
- Problem finding, problem solving, and decision making.
- Publisher's Summary
- Improve thinking skills and increase motivation to create a competitive modern classroom. This advanced teacher's guide offers a full range of strategies to differentiate instruction and build unique thinking and learning skills required of today's students. More than an introductory manual on differentiation, this book is a 'next step' instrument to help teachers: integrate resilient thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills into any content area; build achievement motivation and student self-regulation; set new roles for learner and instructor that encourage learning autonomy; utilize new techniques for designing rigorous curriculum to inspire young people's passion and creativity; and, create a thriving 21st-century classroom.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781575423579 20160605
- Publication date
- 9781575423579 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 157542357X (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: