401 practical adaptations for every classroom
- Beverley Holden Johns.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2011.
- Physical description
- x, 156 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LC4015 .J64 2011
- Unknown LC4015 .J64 2011
- Johns, Beverley H. (Beverley Holden)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 143-147) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Author 1. Introduction to Adaptations: Why the Need and Important Considerations 2. Adaptations on a Shoestring Budget 3. Lecture Adaptations 4. Worksheet Adaptations 5. Behavioral Adaptations 6. Environmental Adaptations 7. Movement Adaptations 8. Vocabulary Adaptations 9. Student Response Adaptations 10. Timing/Scheduling Adaptations 11. Note-Taking Adaptations 12. Testing Adaptations 13. Homework Adaptations Conclusion References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- In this title, award-winning educator Beverley Holden Johns offers a valuable collection of modifications and accommodations for students with special needs. Busy teachers can put these proven strategies to use immediately with minimal labour and expense. The author shares her extensive experience in inclusive settings through concise '3 x 5-card' summaries and relevant examples, in concert with: hundreds of adaptations for lectures, worksheets, vocabulary instruction, student behaviour, testing, and the classroom environment; practical coverage of the legal basis for adaptations, including current updates; and, the role of adaptations in Individualized Education Programs. This book is invaluable for teachers who are new to working with students with special needs. All teachers will gain fresh ideas and discover how applying adaptations can snowball into increased student engagement and optimized learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Four hundred one practical adaptations for every classroom
- 9781412982023 (pbk.)
- 1412982022 (pbk.)