Global environmental politics : concepts, theories and case studies
- edited by Gabriela Kütting.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical description
- x, 198 p. ; 25 cm.
- Global environmental politics
- Kütting, Gabriela, 1967-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Section 1
- 1. International Relations Theory and the Environment John Vogler
- 2. Transnational Actors in Global Environmental Politics Lucy Ford
- 3. Environment and Global Political Economy Jennifer Clapp
- 4. Environmental Security Shlomi Dinar
- 5. Consumption Doris Fuchs & Frederike Boll
- 6. International Environmental Justice Timothy Ehresman & Dimitris Stevis
- Section 2
- 7. Climate Change Paul G. Harris
- 8. Marine Pollution Peter Jacques
- 9. Forest Politics David Humphreys
- 10. Biodiversity Antje Brown
- 11. Agriculture Marc Williams
- 12. Persistant Organic Pollutants and Pesticides Peter Hough
- 13. Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Global Environmental Politics is the perfect introduction to this increasingly significant area. The text combines an accessible introduction to the most important environmental theories and concepts with a series of detailed case studies of the most pressing environmental problems. Features and benefits of the book: Explains the most important concepts and theories in environmental politics. Introduces environmental politics within the context of political science and international relations theories. Demonstrates how the concepts and theories apply in a wide variety of real world contexts. Case studies include the most important environmental issues from climate change and biodiversity to forests and marine pollution. Each chapter is written by an established international authority in the field. This exciting new textbook is essential reading all students of environmental politics and will be of great interest to students of International Relations and Political Economy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780415777940 (paperback)
- 0415777941 (paperback)
- 9780415777933 (hardback)
- 0415777933 (hardback)
- 9780203844564 (e-book)
- 0203844564 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: