Creating with abandon : process in the artists' books of Angela Lorenz
- Subscribers' tactile ed.
- [Bologna, Italy : A. Lorenz, 2006]
- Physical description
- 61 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|(no call number)||In process|
- Introduction and acknowledgments
- Cabinets of curiosities / by Laurie Whitehill Chong
- Street credibility / by Stephen Bury
- Angela Lorenz at the John Hay Library / by Rosemary L. Cullen
- Digging to China / by Marcia Reed
- Denouement denuded : stripping away at the finished / by Angela Lorenz.
- Publication date
- "This catalog was produced to accompany an art exhibition of the same title at The Fleet Library, Rhode Island School of Design and the John Hay Library, Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, USA from October 22-December, 22, 2006"--P.  of cover.
- "This catalog was set in the Bembo typeface designed by Stamperia Valdonega and printed in an edition of 2,500 copies by Stamperia Valdonega in Verona, Italy on acid-free paper. 100 numbered and signed copies printed on heavier paper comprise the Subscribers' Tactile Edition, with elements and remnants from the artist's original editions glued, stamped and embossed onto the pages."--P. 59.
- List of the individual and institution subscribers to this edition listed on pages 60-61.
- Includes a list of "Works produced"--p. 58.
- Pages are individually sewn at spine to muslin, which is then sewn to mull, hinge-style; untrimmed muslin beyond spine is cut into three sections. Some pages have scraps of fabric, objects, or graphics, which are pictured on catalog's pages, sewn onto those pages, (i.e. label tape, artificial hair, scrap of regimental tie).
- 8885033482 (special ed.)
- 9788885033481 (special ed.)