Dictionary of Old English [electronic resource]
- English, English, Old (ca. 450-1100).
- Toronto : University of Toronto
- The Dictionary of Old English (DOE) defines the vocabulary of the first six centuries (600 - 1150 A.D.) of the English language, using today's most advanced technology. The DOE complements the Middle English Dictionary (which covers the period 1100 - 1500 A.D.) and the Oxford English Dictionary (which documents the development of the English language to the present), the three together providing a full description of the vocabulary of English. Includes the first release of the letter G, containing some 1319 headwords, as well as revised versions of the seven previously published fascicles (1986-2003).
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Online "title page" title: Dictionary of Old English A to G online 2007-
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2007?
- Title from HTML header (home page, 2007 release, viewed Sept. 2, 2010).
- Editors, <2007->: Angus Cameron, Ashley Crandell Amos, Antonette diPaolo Healey.
- Access restricted to subscribers.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.