Improving schools : strategies for action in Mexico
- Paris : OECD, c2010.
- Physical description
- 179 p. : col. ill. ; 27 cm.
LB2892 .I477 2010
- Unknown LB2892 .I477 2010
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Conditions for success in education reform
- Working towards education improvement in Mexico
- Teacher career paths : consolidating a quality profession.
- "This report develops comparative knowledge for reforms in teacher and school management policies in the context of an OECD member country: Mexico. Mexico's education outcomes can be improved by enhancing the effectiveness of its schools. The standards gap between the performance of students in Mexico and other OECD countries can only be reduced if schools become good at what they do. This report looks at key issues and challenges faced by the Mexican education system and provides policy recommendations on school management, leadership and teacher policies. These recommendations have been developed by considering the outcomes, quality and standards of education and schools in Mexico in terms of what is known internationally about effective schools, and by adapting this knowledge to the Mexican context. The report has two audiences: It aims to support the Mexican government and key actors in the education system to develop long-term vision and policy in the areas of school management, school leadership, social participation, selection and recruitment of teachers, teacher education, professional development, and evaluation policies in Mexico. At the same time, it provides valuable knowledge in education policy development and implementation useful for other OECD member and partner countries that are in the process of reforming their education systems."--Publisher description.
- Publication date
- Also available in Spanish: Mejorar las escuelas: Estrategias para la acción en México.
- Included Work
- Mejorar las escuelas.
- 9789264087033 (pbk.)
- 9264087036 (pbk.)
- 9789264087040 (PDF)
- 9264087044 (PDF)