Smart money : using educational resources to accomplish ambitious learning goals
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Education Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- viii, 334 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB2825 .S537 2010
- Unknown LB2825 .S537 2010
- Adams, Jacob E.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Smart money and America's schools
- Ambitious learning goals require a new approach to educational resources / Jacob E. Adams, Jr.
- How federal categorical funding prevents the effective use of resources / Christopher T. Cross and Marguerite Roza
- Allocating resources through traditional versus reform-oriented collective bargaining agreements / Julia E. Koppich
- Organizing school systems for continuous improvement / Joanne Weiss
- Making strategic resource decisions / Karen Hawley Miles
- Merging costs with effective resource strategies / Allan R. Odden, Michael E. Goetz, and Lawrence O. Picus
- Making resource decisions amid technical uncertainty / James W. Guthrie and Paul T. Hill
- Considering outside-the-box changes in education funding / David H. Monk
- Linking education funding with standards-based reform and community-based resources / Michael W. Kirst and Lori Rhodes
- Creating the political conditions for education finance policy change / Lorraine M. McDonnell
- Chosing the smart-money path to education finance innovation / Jacob E. Adams, Jr.
- Publication date
- Jacob E. Adams, Jr., editor.
- 9781934742600 (hbk.)
- 1934742600 (hbk.)
- 9781934742594 (pbk.)
- 1934742597 (pbk.)