What's ahead in education? : an analysis of the policies of the Obama administration
- Hayes, William, 1938-
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- x, 174 p. ; 24 cm.
LC89 .H395 2010
- Unknown LC89 .H395 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1 Foreword Chapter 2 Introduction Part 3 Part I The Preparation of an Educational Leader Chapter 4 1The Education of a Future President Chapter 5 2 The Chicago Years Chapter 6 3 The United States Senator Chapter 7 4 The Presidential Campaign Part 8 Part II The Record Thus Far Chapter 9 5 The Appointment of Arne Duncan Chapter 10 6 The Economic Stimulus Package & Race To The Top Chapter 11 7 Charter Schools Chapter 12 8 The Preference for a Teacher Pay-for-Performance System Chapter 13 9 Early Childhood Education Chapter 14 10 The National Standards Movement Chapter 15 11 The Initiatives in Higher Education and Teacher Education Chapter 16 12 Mayoral Control of Schools in Urban Districts Chapter 17 13 More Time in School Chapter 18 14 No Child Left Behind Part 19 Part III The Future Chapter 20 15 The Agenda.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- What's Ahead in Education?: An Analysis of the Policies of the Obama Administration illuminates the educational views of President Barack Obama. This is done by studying his life to date, his writings and speeches, as well as his initiatives thus far, in the field of education. His unique educational background and public service prior to assuming the presidency offers a number of clues as to how he will perform as President. Attention is also paid to those individuals such as his father, mother, his wife, Michelle, and his Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan. By studying his early steps in developing the stimulus package, the Race to the Top, and a blue print for reauthorizing No Child Left Behind, readers can better understand the likely future of the President's education initiatives.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- William Hayes.
- 9781607096795 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 160709679X (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607096801 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607096803 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607096818 (electronic)
- 1607096811 (electronic)