Burake = Blessings : drawn from Ge'ez scrolls
- New York : Khelcom, 2010.
- Physical description
- 1 volume (unpaged) : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 26 cm in box 28 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z239 .K45 B87 2010||In-library use|
- Bogardus, Peter, author, woodcutter, photographer.
- Michael, Zelalem Haile, interpreter.
- Larson, Arthur (Printer) printer.
- Horton Tank Graphics printer.
- Bixler, Michael, compositor.
- Khelcom Press (New York, N.Y.), printer of plates.
- Hamanaka, Takuji, printer of blocks.
- Gray Parrot, Inc., binder.
- Christian art and symbolism > Ethiopia.
- Ethiopian magic scrolls > Pictorial works.
- Benediction > Pictorial works.
- Artists' books > Specimens.
- Artists' books.
- Christian art and symbolism.
- Ethiopian magic scrolls.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- / [Peter Bogardus ... text, woodblocks and photographs].
- "Burake : Blessings was printed in an edition of fifty-two by letterpress, woodblock and photogravure. Peter Bogardus has made the text, woodblocks, and photographs. Zelalem Haile Michael is the interpreter in Ethiopia. The text is printed at Horton Tank Graphics by Art Larson using Monotype Perpetua cast by Michael Bixler. The woodblocks were drawn directly from Ge'ez scrolls and carved at Khelcom New York, where the copper-plate photogravures were printed. The blocks were printed by Takuji Hamanaka using powdered minerals. The paper is Iwano's kumohada mashi in a fore-edge fold"--Colophon.
- Limited edition of 52 copies.
- Issued in linen cloth clamshell case (28 cm.).
- Gray Parrot binder's ticket on inside back cover.
- Bound in soft vellum with gilt spine title. In a tan linen clamshell box with gilt vellum spine label.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: Copy number 3/52; signed by the artist.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: