Uncovering student thinking in mathematics, grades K-5 : 25 formative assessment probes for the elementary classroom
- Cheryl Rose Tobey, Leslie Minton ; foreword by Page Keeley.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2011.
- Physical description
- xvii, 211 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|QA135.6 .T6 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 201-203) and index.
- Foreword by Page Keeley Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. Mathematics Assessment Probes 2. Instructional Implications 3. Structure of Number Probes: Place Value, Number Charts, and Number Lines 4. Structure of Number Probes: Parts and Wholes and Equality 5. Structure of Number Probes: Computation and Estimation 6. Measurement, Geometry, and Data Probes: Quadrilaterals Resource: Notes Template: QUEST Cycle References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412980555 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Formative assessment is an important strategy for improving student achievement in mathematics. This resource provides tools and examples that allow primary educators to gauge students' knowledge of core mathematics concepts and strengthen their ability to teach effectively. The authors provide 25 formative assessment probes-brief, easily administered activities targeting specific mathematics ideas and concepts - to reveal common understandings and misunderstandings in student thinking. Field-tested with teachers and students at various grade levels, these powerful diagnostic tools help teachers modify their teaching and identify areas that require more instruction.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412980555 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781412980555 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412980550 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: