Making group work easy : the art of successful facilitation
- Steven A. Schiola.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- vii, 129 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|HM751 .S35 2011||Unknown|
- Schiola, Steven A., 1957-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Chapter 1 Introduction Chapter 2 Chapter 1 - The role of the facilitator Chapter 3 Chapter 2 - Getting to the nut! How to clearly understand the problem Chapter 4 Chapter 3 - Ensuring the right people are in the room Chapter 5 Chapter 4 - Finding the purpose of the organization and the meeting Chapter 6 Chapter 5 - The power of using working agreements Chapter 7 Chapter 6 - Effective decision making strategies Chapter 8 Chapter 7 - Making sure that every voice is heard Chapter 9 Chapter 8 - Putting it all together Chapter 10 Chapter 9 - Evaluation and accountability Chapter 11 Chapter 10 - Looking for and celebrating success Chapter 12 Chapter 11 - Now that you finished the process, it is time to start over. Included is a process for data conversations about student achievement. Chapter 13 Chapter 12 - What do you do if? Strategies to deal with group issues. Chapter 14 Chapter 13 - Resources for facilitators Chapter 15 Chapter 14 - Materials for successful facilitation.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781607097754 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- This book teaches a process that will help both teachers and administrators plan for and conduct meetings that are meaningful, useful, and that generate results. The place to start this work is before the meeting even begins. A careful look at the purposes of the meeting, the working agreements that the group will use, and the agenda will provide the framework for a successful outcome. Once learned, this structure can be used again and again. In addition, you will learn what to do in those cases when decorum breaks down, or you can't reach consensus, or a member of the group is not cooperating. You will also learn decision-making techniques that allow meaningful participation by all members of the group and how to prioritize a number of efforts. The effective structure of meetings along with other techniques to employ when things go wrong will make anyone an effective meeting facilitator!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781607097754 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781607097747 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 1607097745 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9781607097754 (paperback : alk. paper)
- 1607097753 (paperback : alk. paper)
- 9781607097761 (e-book)
- 1607097761 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: