Understanding inequalities in, through and by higher education
- Rotterdam, The Netherlands ; Boston : Sense Publishers, c2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 140 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Global perspectives on higher education ; v. 21.
LC213 .U53 2010
- Unknown LC213 .U53 2010
- Goastellec, Gaële.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface / by Philip G. Altbach
- Introduction / Gaële Goastellec
- Inequality in higher education : definitions, measurements, inferences/ Martina Vukasovic' and Claudia S. Sarrico
- Remediation, practicality, diversity and social justice : understanding the differing contexts and justifications for affirmative action around the world / Michele S. Moses
- Profiling successful students : inequalities of success in higher education / Magali Jaoul-Grammare
- Community colleges and the opportunity gap : students access and success in the United States / Carol Schmid
- Inequalities in postgraduate education : a comparative review / Paul Wakeling
- Academic hiring and inequality / Benoit Cret and Christine Musselin
- The multidimensional constraints weighing on academic recruitment / Farinaz Fassa and Jacques-Antoine Gauthier
- Inequality in academic careers in Germany : indicatons from postdoctoral careers / Marc Kaulisch and Susan Böhmer
- Conclusion / Gaële Goastellec.
- Publication date
- edited by Gaële Goastellec.
- Global perspectives on higher education ; v. 21
- 9460913075 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9789460913075 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9460913067 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9789460913068 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9460913083 (e-book)
- 9789460913082 (e-book)